Saturday, December 29, 2007

Let go of the old, welcome the new.....

Many years ago I adopted and idea I had read about in a magazine. When you buy a new piece of clothing, you must get rid of an old piece! I started playing with that and it was very effective. Some of us can be such gatherers that it is hard to let go of anything. That was not totally my case, but I would have things in my closet that were just there year in year out, things I would not wear......and were hard to let go of. I began to use that sort of thing as a metaphor.........
Having grown in this area I am grateful that letting go has become easier and I feel much freer.
I have also learned that letting go FIRST creates space for something new to be welcomed. And it is more gentle, more grace filled, more effortless and has an element of the mystical. I think that is because then we are more willing to be open and to surrender to Spirit, then we are living in faith more. Since all is already given, we open ourselves to receive Spirit's Abundant Gifts.
So, this time of year, make yourself receptive.....allow for that already welcoming space in you to reveal your magnificence and listen for the deep wisdom already within you.
Let yourself be the glass surface of a lake welcoming everything...
Deep, rich blessings for the new year!
rev.frankie

No comments: