Thursday, December 3, 2009

The new "B" Word...........


About five years ago I deleted a word from my vocabulary, for I started feeling that it was the most boring word in the English language.  Someone I love used it so much, it seemed like she felt that she was the only one in the world who was BUSY!
BUSY seems to be the new B word.
Oh, and it is not that I am not busy, it is just that I found it a very boring word and I LOVE words.
I also know that the words I say are VERY powerful and the more I used it, the BUSIER I became.  Thinking about the word allowed me to be more conscious and it allowed me to be more impeccable with my words.
It allowed me to be CREATIVE with my life, making choices about HOW I live my life.  I chose to no longer be lived by my circumstances, by others and mostly by the clock. Time is MY servant!

We all have 24 hours in a day and we all get to choose how we use those hours.  We are responsible for  our own lives and must take good care of ourselves, so that we can live in balance and harmony.

It is amazing to me & it saddens me to see people running around like chickens with their heads cut off, way too stressed out and no room to just be and breathe.  But what is even sadder is that they seem to feel powerless.  The environment we live in now appears to dictate this kind of behavior and it seems to be getting worse.
It is time to stop and look.  Look at what our needs are, look at how we need to create more balance and harmony in our lives and look at what really matters. Listen...listen to your heart, it will tell you!

I have created a life for myself, where it is important to get 8 hours sleep (preferably minimum) and where I need time to do my spiritual practices, time to have a 15 minute rest in the middle of the day- to rest my body and my mind (especially when I work through the evenings).  It is important for me to exercise and to eat healthy, so that my body is fit and fueled.  It is important to have fun and to play.  All that makes for a happier person.  And I don't know about you, but I LOVE to be a happy, healthy and balanced person and I love to be around happy, healthy, balanced people.


So, this Holiday Season, check in with YOURSELF and give yourself the gift of balance and harmony. Find out what that means for you and act on it.

AND KNOW YOU ARE LOVED!

1 comment:

Margo said...

Frankie,
Great article. What cracks me up are the gals checking email and twitter during yoga water breaks. Is it really THAT important? Which reminds me to stop commenting on other people's blogs and go to yoga.
Hugs
Margo Ruark